Friday, August 2, 2013

Manila Gets Icy

So before my big adventure in Thailand, I figured it would be good to get a feel for the region by hopping around to a few different countries before settling down. First stop? The Philippines!

My flight arrived around Midnight, and of course I was starving. After getting through a [rather] easy customs and immigration scene, I finally found Danvic (my Filipino CISV friend). We headed to his neighborhood for [what we thought would be] a quick bite to eat and a couple of beers. 
As it was a Saturday night, we decided to have a little fun and ended up in the Imperial Ice Bar.



 Not even 2 hours off the plane and I'm thrust on a bar...
And then hung out with the DJ for a spell.

Around 3:30 am, we finally called it a night.. Exhausted, but happy.

 Not the start to the trip I had anticipated [falling asleep ASAP to try & beat jetlag] 
But if this is any indication of how my big trip will go, I'm ready for some fun. 
We're off to Coron, Palawan, another province in the Philippines in the morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment