Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Change of Plans

I often feel that one of life's main lessons is to teach us that we can't truly plan for the future. With all the factors and variables in life, the only constant is change. 
For the past few months I've been raving about teaching in Thailand. I had a sweet deal through the LanguageCorps program where I could spend my first two weeks of training in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and then travel to Pattaya, Thailand for student teaching before finding a job in Bangkok.  
Well, as I've learned over the past few weeks (and I'm sure I'll continue to realize over the next few months) nothing ever really goes the way you plan. And it's a beautiful thing. 
I'm pretty excited to announce that I will not be traveling to Pattaya and then on to find a job in Bangkok. Instead, I will be staying here in Phnom Penh for the rest of the year!
 
Cambodia, you've won me over. This city has stolen my heart, and in it I see my future home. 

If this is any indication of how the rest of my time in Southeast Asia will be, I'm excited for a whirlwind experience and ready to face whatever changes come my way. 
Although I think this will continue to be a part of life I struggle accepting, for the moment--lesson learned. 
Here's to living with you, Cambodia. 

1 comment:

  1. I do love a good change of plans myself. Here's to Phnom Penh! Never been there but I look forward to hearing more about it :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete