Friday, September 16, 2011

At home in Athens.

The hustle and bustle of Oxford, England proved to be too much fun to allow time for blogging. 


Here are a few highlights:
-sweet smelling lawns & bright flowers
-walking everywhere: the joys of not using a car for 3 months
-summer romances/flings/friends
-Ireland's countryside
-Beach trips to Spain with girlfriends
-"lock-down-pizza-party" and the joy of friendship
-kebab runs at 3 am
-new people opening new perspectives on life
-cobblestones
-writing 10 page papers in under 4 hours
-bonding over common law and international conflict
-"The title of my paper will be: 'Not My Problem' "
-biking around Oxford
-sausage&mash
-the smell of library books
-the cellar, kings arms, bridge, lava ignite
-nail polish parties & gossip time
-not sleeping
-tea time with biscuits and digestives




There are so many things I could put on this list. This summer was the most eye-opening, soul-searching, self-finding experience of my life. My perspective has changed about the world, relationships, life in general. 


Maybe I'm finally learning how to relax. Probably not. 


All I know is that my travels through France and especially living and travelling around England was the best decision of my life. I no longer know what I want to do, but I'm willing to take the time to find out.




The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment