Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fleeting Wishes

You probably don't know me, but I'm rather fond of liminality
being in-limbo, -transit, -between
I like the ambience of the airport, 
watching planes fly above the treetops, 
wondering where everyone is off to..

Kind-of like jumping off a cliff
Anticipating the splash into the waves


With many of my friends galavanting around foreign places,
my mind wanders to dreams of visiting a far-off corner of the world...
but as my wallet tightens (or should I say, deflates) 
I may just settle for some skipping across the pond
Paris in springtime?


England again, maybe?
Jump on a train to Bath or Sussex, 

Bike the streets of Oxford once more...

One of my good friends (and sorority sister) is spending the semester in Oxford
This love lady (pictured here)
Is studying at Regents Park, a college within Oxford University.
Hopefully we'll expand our photo-board settings from Hilton Head & the backcountry of Alabama
to the beautiful English country side. 
Backpacking here I come, maybe? 

One can dream!


*Please note, I do not take credit for all of the photos in this post. I am not trying to steal anything & if I could figure out how to connect a link to a photo, I would!*


No comments:

Post a Comment